Module 1 ( Duration 1 months- 3 days a week)
All students are exposed to every aspect of filmmaking process starting from the script to final production.
- History and Development of Cinema
- Construction of a Script
- Plot Structure- From Exposition to Resolution, Plot point- Plot device
- Conflict- Types and Verities
- Writing a Scene and Dividing into Shots
- Cue-Match cut
- Shooting the Scene, Editing/ Dubbing and Final Mix of that Scene
- Rules of Cutting, Preferences in Editing
- Parallel Cutting-Cross Cutting- Dynamic Cutting- Cutting in Action
- Smash cut-Jump cut
Module 2 ( Duration 3 months – 3 Days a week)
All students are exposed to the Art and craft of photography and cinematography using 4k cameras ( Panasonic GH5, Sony A7s, Canon 5D Mark IV, Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Design 4k Production Camera and RED Scarlet Camera).
Format: Various formats like ARRI ALEXA RAW, RED RAW (R3D), Black magic RAW ( Cinema DMG), etc.
Camera:A study on the various camera’s used for Film and Video production.
Lenses : Various lenses like Cine Lenses, DSLR Lenses, Micro 43 Lenses, Sony E- Mount lenses and various adaptors and speed booster for cross compatibility.
Exposure : Working with a Light meter to get perfect exposure every single time.
Filter : Advantages of using ND filters and Variable ND filter, Effect Filters etc for Film cameras.
Composition :Learning about the various shots, compositional rules and on breaking the rules.
Special Techniques: Camera Movement using Handheld Gimbals, Drones, Sliders and Go Pro Action cameras.
Types of light sources: Type of light sources like Tungsten sources, day light sources, Hot Lights and Cool lights etc.
Lighting :Lighting techniques including 3 point lighting, Rembrandt Lighting, Butterfly lighting, Paramount lighting etc.
Module 3: Editing, Color Grading, and Audio Postproduction using Davinci Resolve 17 ( Duration 1 months- 3 days a week)
At the end of this course, your will learn to edit, color correct, color grade and learn to finish your video with Fairlight Audio. Topics of the Course includes
- Quick Start – Finishing a 1-minute movie, edit, color correct, color grade, mix audio and finish your final video on Davinci Resolve 14 using its Media Page, Edit Page, Color Page, Fairlight Page and Deliver Page.
- Organizing a New Project: Configuring settings, interface elements, importing media, viewing and editing meta data and working with Bins and Smart bins.
- Assembling a Rough Cut: Creating a timeline and making the edit, Using JKL, Editing clips into the timeline.
- Managing media and Database: Understanding Resolves new database, copying and archiving projects and consolidating media.
- Moving Clips in the Timeline: Color coding, splicing, cutting and swapping clip positions.
- Refining a Timeline: Advance Trim edit modes. Including Ripple, Roll, Slip and Slide Editing.
- Working with Audio on Edit page
- Mixing sound in Fairlight.
- Applying Transition and Effects.
- Preparing for color Correction: importing XML, attaching offline reference movie and color management strategies.
- Balancing Color and Brightness. Balancing color using wheels, primaries Bars, and Curves
- Color Correcting Multiple shots.
- Designing Creative Looks.
- Making Secondary Color Adjustments.
- Delivering a Final Program.
Module 4( Duration 1 month – 5 days a week)
Students do the final project work, they shoot, edit and create a short film with a provided script